Our Italy Trip ~ danandmarsh In Oz
1:

Monday, August 25, 2008

Our Italy Trip












Don't miss the video at the end of this post!

Dan and I traveled to Italy so we got meet our new grandson, my daughter is in the army over in Camp Elderle. She is training in Military Police. Well as it turns out my grandson Trevion was born January 28th. We got to Italy in late Febuary. Dan has been to like 13 countries overseas since his time in the service although never having been to Italy. For me this was my first trip overseas.
Trevion is a little doll! Her husband was deployed to Afganistan but was able to come home for 3 weeks when he was born. Samantha(my daughter) had him earlier than expected so her poor husband, Keith wasn't able to be there for the actual birth. At least he got to come home though. He has since finished his tour and made it home safely this month.
We got to go to Marco Polo, Venice. Besides meeting our grandson, and meeting our new son in law and getting to see Samantha, the most fun thing was feeding the birds in Venice. I never had so much fun! Why I don't know. Maybe because the birds aren't as friendly here, heck I don't know! Enjoy the pictures. Samantha and my hubby went snowboarding in Austria, I stayed and watched the baby, so they could have fun. Neither one have ever snowboarded. Dan lasted I think he said 45 seconds trying to snowboard. Samantha got pretty good at it. Check Dan out, and have a good chuckle of the 52 year old snowboarding for the first time.


All in all had a great time. Being in a foriegn country is definitely different. Nice to visit, wouldn't want to live there though.
....................................................

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Great photos and the video is just awesome. My 7 year old daughter wants to snowboard.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

How nice...and a you got to see a "bird lady " also !!!

Nancy M. said...

Beautiful pictures! Sounds like a wonderful time.